Eastern Railway, 56, C.R.Avenue, Kolkata – 700 012, invites qualified Indian citizens to apply online for employment as Act Apprentices in Eastern Railway Workshops and Divisions under the Apprentices Act, 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules, 1992, as amended from time to time. Between October 4th and November 3rd, 2021, eligible persons must apply online.
EASTERN RAILWAY NOTIFICATION FOR ENGAGEMENT OF ACT APPRENTICES FOR THE YEAR 2020-21
- Howrah Division – 659
- Sealdah Division – 1123
- Malda Division – 412
- Asansol Division – 100
- Kanchrapara Workshop – 190
- Liluah Workshop – 85
- Jamalpur Workshop – 678
- Minimum 15 years and maximum 24 years.
- The upper age relaxation – 05 years for SC / ST, 03 years for OBC – NCL and 10 years for PWBD category candidates.
- The candidate must have passed 10th class (Matriculation) examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognized Board and also should possess the National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by NCVT/ SCVT.
- For Welder (Gas and Electric) / Sheet Metal Worker / Lineman / Wireman / Carpenter / Painter (General) trades – Minimum educational qualification is 8th class pass from recognized School and the National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by NCVT/ SCVT.
- A non refundable fee of ₹ 100/- only. No fee for SC, ST, PWBD and all women candidates.
- The payment of fees will have to be made online through ‘Payment Gateway’ while filling up the online Application Form. The fee can be made by using Debit Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking etc.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates are required to apply online only through RRC Eastern Railway Official website (apprentice.rrcrecruit.co.in). The closing date for registration of online applications is 03/11/2021 up to 6:00 PM.
Eligible candidates are required to apply online through RRC Eastern Railway Recruitment Portal. The stages in registration are as follows:
- Preliminary Stage – I: Select Trade and Type of Disability (if any) and confirm.
- Preliminary Stage – II: Candidate’s basic details including email id/ mobile No. etc.
- Activation Stage – III: Validation of Email ID & Registration Number generation and email/sms will be sent to the email id /mobile no. registered.
- Documents Uploading Stage – IV: Upload Scanned Photograph, Signature and all relevant documents.(if applicable).
- Payment Stage – V: Payment of Application Fees of ₹ 100 ( if applicable)
Important dates for Eastern Railway Apprentice 2021
- Date of publication of notification on website: 01.10.2021
- Opening date and time of online application: 04.10.2021 at 10.00 AM
- Closing date and time of online application: 03.11.2021 up to 06.00 PM
- Probable date of display of list of selected candidates:18.11.2021
Total 3247 Act Apprentice Vacancies opening in various Divisions.
Selection process for Eastern Railway Apprentice 2021
- Selection will be on the basis of merit prepared in respect of all eligible candidates who apply against the notification.
- For the trades for which class 8th pass is the minimum qualification, the merit list would be prepared for all eligible candidates, including those having qualification of matriculation and who opt for these trades, based on the average marks obtained both in class 8th standard and ITI examination.
- Document Verification.